If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
I have a client that needs to have some catalog items listed on a separate page for time and then introduce them to the general catalog after their acceptance. To do this i have done the following:
1. Created a Preview-Items product category
2. Created a Non-Preview-Items category
3. Created a template with the template Builder called Preview Items that has a Products section with the Preview-Items category selected.
4. Created a template with the template Builder called Non-Preview Items that has a Products section with the Non-Preview-Items category selected.
5. Create 2 pages with those dynamic templates selected, one called “Jewelry” for all items except the preview items and one called “preview jewelry” for only the preview items.
6. Create a product called “cat” with a category of “Preview-Items”
7. Create a product called “dog” with a category of “Non-Preview-Items”
On the preview jewelry page only “cat” shows up. That’s working great.
However on the jewelry page *all* items show up, including “cat”
If i’m on the preview items page and cat has the categories “Preview-Items” and “hat” applied to it, when i click on the ‘hat” category it takes me to all of the hats including “cat”.
I’m thinking that the second problem would take some custom php work on my part to make a query to only show “Preview-Items” regardless of whatever other categories an item belongs too. Which page would i copy into a child theme for that.
Thanks for the help
This would be a question for the WooCommerce forums. The theme doesn’t have any page you could copy over into a child theme, it would be something from the plugin itself.
You can also try checking the http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/
The topic ‘Restricting Item displays by category and templates?’ is closed to new replies.