February 11, 2013 at 9:28 am #20261
I still have several problems I want to solve. Can you help me ?
The URL of my project is : http://s447798222.onlinehome.fr/
You have my accesses in a mail dated “Gesendet: 12:01 Mittwoch, 6.Februar 2013″
1) I have 2 levels of sub-menus. When I am in these sub levels, I want the parent menu to be in red, like in the simple menus (ex : nous contacter). To do that I wrote a new css entry “#top .main_menu .menu .current-menu-ancestor a strong” in register-styles.php. It works fine but I have to do that in my parent theme. I tried to do that in my child theme and it doesn’t work
2) In most of the pages, page is loading all the time even when all the content is visible
3) I have a unique background image for each parent menu entry. My client told me that when you arrive to a new page, there is a dark grey background staying several seconds before background image appears. How can I avoid that ?
4) I want my main content area and my sidebar to have the same length. I know it’s a problem to have same vertical length with CSS but I try to put a background-image in my container to simulate the 2 columns. I spent a lot of time with no result because the background image never appears. Any idea ?
Thank you very much, because after that I can deliver the site to my clientFebruary 11, 2013 at 4:04 pm #106930
For #1, put the css into the main style.css of your child theme. That is what the child theme css is for.
#2 – There are two files that are missing and not able to load. This is most likely the problem. They are:
#3 – That is just how websites load. An image has to be downloaded onto the persons computer before it can be viewed. Make your images smaller to download faster.
#4 – I don’t know what you mean. You can try entering in empty breaks after your content but getting them to be the exact same height will always be an issue because of the way different browsers render content.
DevinFebruary 11, 2013 at 4:39 pm #106931
1) I tried to put it in style.css or custom.css, it doesn’t work; I have to put “#top .main_menu .menu .current-menu-ancestor a strong” in register-styles.php. But I would like to put it in register-styles.php which belongs to the child theme and not the parent theme. Is it possible because it doesn’t work when I do that ?
2) Where can I indicate not to load these files ? I don’t need them
4)I want my center column and my sidebar to be the same length. I tried to put a background image simulating these 2 columns (known technique for doing that) but it doesn’t work. Would you know why because you coded the theme ?
Then I thought of using “:after” to create empty content and give it a different height for each page.
Thank youFebruary 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm #106932
1) There should be no reason to put it in a php file. If the child theme is set up correctly, the styles in the child style.css will be added in after those of the parent and thus take priority and effect.
2) If they are being loaded in, you need them. You can re-load them to your host via FTP by pulling those files from the main package you originally downloaded form themeforest.
4) That wouldn’t work with Flashlight because the background image changes based on the browser. Your best options is to just use empty lines after your content and try to eyeball it (eg, hit the enter key after your content 4-5 times then add more or less). Either that or add an empty div with a defined height using inline style.February 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm #106933
For the 2), there is no “light-skin.css” in the themeforest package ?!
Can you send it to me ? And maybe make an update for other customers.
For other parts thank you, I’ll try to do the best I canFebruary 12, 2013 at 5:35 am #106934February 12, 2013 at 9:25 am #106935
“minimal-skin.css” is in flashlight theme and also in my child theme. Are you sure it’s that ?
I added “icons-rounded-home.png” as you suggest but pages are still always loading. What can I do ?
Thank youFebruary 12, 2013 at 4:08 pm #106936
In your header.php, find this line:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/css/<?php avia_option('stylesheet', 'light-skin.css'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>
Replace it with:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/css/<?php avia_option('stylesheet', 'minimal-skin.css'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>
That should do it.February 14, 2013 at 9:11 am #106937February 14, 2013 at 5:05 pm #106938
The topic ‘Several problems to solve with Flashlight’ is closed to new replies.