The shipping calculator on my cart page is not functioning; the calculator on the checkout page is however working. Please assist. http://www.kitticraft.com.
Thanks in advance,
I'm not able to pull up your site at the above link. Its timing out after about 30 seconds or so.
The site was down temporarily yesterday, it seems to be online now, please would you kindly try again.
I sent Kriesi a mail and ask him to look into it. I'm not sure if this is a theme related issue and I'd like to know his opinion first.
Thanks for forwarding the issue onto Kriesi, I'll await his response.
There are a number of issues with your customization which could be causing the calculator to go missing.
1) This file :
is missing, but referenced in your header.
2) You are using two jQuery lightbox plugins :
3) You also have 2 duplicate CSS files from different vendors for the same above duplicate plugins.
4) Your plugins are not adding jquery or css correctly (see: http://wpcandy.com/teaches/how-to-load-scripts-in-wordpress-themes ) This is the reason for the above duplicates and could very well be the cause of the misbehaving calculator.
5) You have a general jquery overload. Please disconnect all your plugins except for 2 WooCommerce plugins, and see if the calculator starts working. You currently have :
Page has 21 external stylesheets mostly from plugins.
6) Your site takes 26-30 seconds to load serving 6 megs spread over 100 files, when you could be serving less than 20 files in 6 seconds (see: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120824_5K_a4fa597106d3b6f1416ce6033d4b850c/6/details/ ).
This is partially due to :
(a) Misconfiguration of the Apache server
(b) Keep-alive connection is not enabled
(c) You are using headers with an immediate expiration date for static content
(d) use of non optimized images: (this is your logo 50% smaller yet visually indistinguishable from your current logo (http://gtmetrix.com/reports/kitticraft.com/8SxMqart/pagespeed/200x100WebLogo_988bab11aa8505984abfd06ae37306f3.png)
(d) Not using parallel downloads (CDN/cookieless subdomains) to serve static content
For me, your site didn't fully load, timed out and threw an error after half a minute. It could very well be that on one page with the calculator the connection is less choked thus executing the script while on the other page it never gets a chance.
Optimizing your site first as well as leashing the plugins should take precedence since Google uses page load time as an important component of their ranking algorithm. Also it is most likely the cause of the calculator problems.
Thank you for your extensive answer. As this is all a bit above my head and time is of the essence, would you, or do you know of anyone who would undertake this type of optimization for a fee?
You can put up a job posting with FreelanceSwitch and work with a freelance web developer on the optimization issues. Nick's list is almost the first half of the work so it will definitely help in making a post if that is route you choose to take.
Thank you, I have managed to find a consultant to help me resolve the various issues.
This topic has been closed to new replies.