I would like to set up the WooCommerce shop as follows:
Every product category may or may not have subcategories
1) if a product category has no subcategories:
- clicking on the product category in the menu should display all products included in this category
2) if a product category has subcategories:
- clicking on a product category in the menu should only display the images of the subcategories – no products
- clicking on such an image of a subcategory should then display all products included in this subcategory
- clicking on a product should open a window with the image, the description and the purchase offers of this product
3) Clicking on a subcategory in the menu should display all products of this subcategory
To summarize – there are 3 points here:
a) clicking on a category in the menu -> show images of subcategories only (NO products)
b) clicking on an image of a subcategory -> show all products of the subcategory (no purchase option displayed)
c) clicking on an image of a product -> show image, description and purchase options
Could anybody help me to implement this?
At present the image uploaded with a product category does not show at all when the category is clicked in the menu.
Any idea what might be wrong?
When only product categories are defined, without any product, and I click on a product category in the menu, the menu bar makes a big jump to the right and the display of the page looks weird (a large white and empty area appears behind the displaced menu bar).
The topic ‘Shop functionality’ is closed to new replies.