February 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm #9387
I actually run Angular in beta since 2 weeks and many bugs went fixed in the last version. Thank you very much for the support since then!
There’s 2 major issues and a minor one I noticed regarding the portfolio template.
1- If we click in a project http://gridspace.ca/work This project must be close if we hit any categories. Otherwise, the site seem unresponsive for the user because the sorting happened off visible screen.
2- I know thereMs ajax limitation but it doesn’t make any sens if a video playback run in background if the user hit another project and forgot (the user don’t have to think…) to pause a clip prior to click on another project. I know slide animation are sexy but I would prefer a complete page refresh to avoid that. This can result by losing a pitch for sure if clients get confuse.
3- In Chrome, the browser blink in blue when the portfolio loading is complete. Weird :)
Please, let me know if I not clear enough. English is not my native language!
Regards,February 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm #64576
posted 3 days ago… Thanks for the follow up!
I also noticed that the title of the post doesn’t link to the permalink. this is a kind of standard.February 22, 2012 at 12:16 am #64577
thank you for your patience.
Which browser is your first issue occurring in? The sorting works fine for me in all popular modern browsers I can think of.
2) It’s rather hard to interact with external scripts, such as embedded vimeo videos. I’ll ask Kriesi if he knows a solution.
3) Could you provide a screenshot?
A complete page refresh is possible if you select your pages to open in single pages. This can be done through your Theme Options. This will refresh your entire page and you won’t have any of your unwanted effects.
ChrisFebruary 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm #64578
1) It is not about the browser. The sorting is positioned out of the viewable screen if the picture is vertical ex: http://www.gridspace.ca/_temp/Screen-shot-2012-02-23.jpg This project should be close to see the sorting.
2) Thank you. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
3) I use Chrome 16.0.912.77 It seem to be a random problem. I suspect video card might be related. Forget about this one!
I’m sorry but I don’t understand this one ”A complete page refresh is possible if you select your pages to open in single pages. This can be done through your Theme Options. This will refresh your entire page and you won’t have any of your unwanted effects.”
Can you be more specific ?
Regards,February 26, 2012 at 2:51 am #64579February 28, 2012 at 5:32 am #64580March 1, 2012 at 3:43 am #64581March 1, 2012 at 5:38 am #64582
Let me see if I can address these a bit for you (even if it is waaaaay overdue!)
1) The issue has been reported and may be included in a future update but for now, users will need to close the current viewing area to see the sorting going on.
2) If you want to make sure the video issue doesn’t happen, you will have to have portfolio items link to their own pages instead of opening with ajax within the page. I will send the suggestion of adding something like a hard refresh to Kreisi as well.
3) I tried to duplicate this just now but never saw a blue blink. I can keep trying if you want :) But really, if we get any more reports of weird load-blinking we can hunt down the cause.
The setting for opening your portfolio pieces in a separate window will be in one of two places. If you are using a Template Builder template to organize/create the frontpage of your site it will be done in the template element Portfolio (of that template) near the bottom when you expand its options. The setting is called Portfolio Single Entries and its a dropdown with just the two options. Make sure to save and you should be good.
If you are using the main Portfolio admin (where you can tell specific pages to be only portfolios) you’ll change the same setting as above there.
The topic ‘Sub Nav Conflict with Open Projects + Video Playback’ is closed to new replies.