If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
September 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm #29141September 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm #139825
Have you tried going to Catalog > Update from sources in Poedit and see if new strings will be added?
YigitSeptember 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm #139826
Yes, I did, but this string doesn’t appear there. I did find this line in some folder before but after update translation is dismissed and I cannot find where it can be changed.
Also some of the lines that are translated “Logged in as… Log out?” “Post comment” that are translate in the .po file still appear in English on the webpage.September 8, 2013 at 8:15 am #139827
Please use Codestyling: http://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/ to translat the plugin.
Install the plugin, go to Tools > Localization and select “Themes”. Then search for “Enfold” in the list and click on “Add new language”. Then select your language from the list and click the “create po-file” button. Click on “Rescan” to fetch all text strings. Then click on “Edit” and translate the required strings from the “avia_framework” textdomain. At least click the “create mo file” button next to the “Textdomain” selection dropdown (top left corner). If you still can’t find the text strings in the generated po file you can use the title filter to change the text. Add following code at the bottom of functions.php
add_filter('avf_title_args', 'fix_single_post_title', 10, 2);
if ( $args['title'] == 'Blog - Latest News' )
$args['title'] = 'MY TEXT';
and instead of MY TEXT insert your translation.
The other text strings you mentioned ( “Logged in as… Log out?” “Post comment” , etc.) are not part of the theme code and you can’t translate them with the theme po/mo files. You maybe need to update the translation of wordpress ( http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language ) or a plugin adds these text strings to the website – then you must translate the plugin.September 8, 2013 at 9:31 am #139828
Thank You, Dude and Yigit.
Everything solved. I don’t use codestyling plugin because it indicated error (at least with previous version of Enfold), but translate .po file directly. Added code to function.php and translated extra lines in wordpress .po file.
Just in case somebody will use this query to solve his issues as I usually do. Searching forum provides answers to most questions I have. Great job, guys!
The topic ‘Translate "Blog – Latest News"’ is closed to new replies.