If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
I’m having a problem with my theme translation because I’ve not been able to find a way to activate the theme translation.
I’ve done following:
1) Installed Code Styling Localization to translate Coherence theme into Finnish-language
2) Confirmed that there’s define (‘WPLANG’, ‘fi’); in wp-config.php (if I change fi -> fi_FI, WordPress backend is changed into English)
3) Confirmed that there are fi_FI.mo and fi_FI.po-files in wp-content/themes/coherence/lang-folder
In theory this should make it but unfortunately it does not. Frontend is bilingual (Finnish and English).
I installed WordPress Language-plugin which allows me easily to change backend and frontend languages. With this plugin I’m able to activate and use Finnish translation of the Coherence-theme but because there’s no support for Finnish language within this plugin, my backend language is changed into English. And this means that part (that comes directly from WordPress) of the frontend is in English.
When I deactivate this plugin my backend is again in Finnish but theme translations are then deactivated.
For example, if I, instead of Finnish, use German (supported by WordPress Language-plugin and Coherence theme already translated) my website is beautifully translated into German-language. Only that I don’t speak German and this does not serve me.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
1) Make sure that you’re using the Finnish version of wordpress: http://fi.wordpress.org/
2) Rename fi_FI.po and fi_FI.mo located in the wp-content/themes/coherence/lang/ folder to fi.po and fi.mo. (language shortcode: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Finnish_-_Suomi_.28fi.29 )
The topic ‘translation problem english -> finnish’ is closed to new replies.