If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
Hi, I edited default.po file I found in /wp-content/themes/velvet/lang/
I called it it_IT.po
and put it into the existing folder /wp-content/themes/velvet/lang/lang/
so that the path was like /wp-content/themes/velvet/lang/lang/it_IT.po
I finally set in my wp-config.php my language like: define(‘WPLANG’, ‘it_IT’);
Sadly, the translation doesn’t work.
Looking at wp-config.php file comment:
* WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
* Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
* language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
* de_DE.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to ‘de_DE’ to enable German
* language support.
I also tried to create a /languages/ folder and put my it_IT.po (yep, AND .mo) file in it, but again, without lucky.
Thanks in advance for your help.
1) WordPress must be set to “Italian” mode (admin backend text, etc. in Italian )
2) The it_IT.mo ! file (and the it_IT.po file if you like) need to be in /wp-content/themes/velvet/lang folder (not /wp-content/themes/velvet/lang/lang)
I’m having problems to translate Velvet to spanish.
Like caruso_g, I have edited default.po file with POedit, made the translation and saved it as “es_ES.po”. Then I have uploaded the files es_ES.po and es_ES.mo to the folder wp-content/themes/velvet/lang… but it does not work (:-[
Any ideas about what I’m doing wrong? The url of the site is http://contextodecomunicacion.com/depitotal.
Yes… if you like, I could send you an admin user and password to take a look, just tell me where.
You can send me your details to chris at wehavewebfun dot com
Excuse me for the very delayed reaction.
The topic ‘Translations .po files not working in Velvet’ is closed to new replies.