If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
Tagged: page title
July 3, 2012 at 9:44 am #13887
In the page title an unwanted character has appeared at the beginning of the title. This happened after the updated and I cannot remove it. Even with the use of a third party plugin for our page titles it still will not remove.
The character is ‘|’ and for example if you see this page: http://www.manscape.co.uk/shop/aesop-parsley-seed-cleanser/ the page title in the top title bar is: | Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser | Manscape – Notice the ‘|’ at the begining of the sentence.
How can I remove this?
Thank youJuly 3, 2012 at 5:41 pm #81082
I don’t see the character you mention when I view the page. Has it been resolved on its own?
This is what I see now:
DevinJuly 3, 2012 at 9:42 pm #81083July 4, 2012 at 1:21 am #81084
Oh I see now. I’m not sure how those are added in there. I just did a fresh install of woocommerce, wordpress and Abundance to see if it was related to any of the recent updates but I’m still getting the title format of “Blog Title | Product Name” .
The only thing I can think of is that there is a plugin effecting the title. You can check to see the theme setting for it in your header.php at about line 18. It should be:
<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?> | <?php is_home() ? bloginfo('description') : wp_title(''); ?></title>
DevinJuly 4, 2012 at 9:04 am #81085
In the title:
<title><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?> | <?php is_home() ? bloginfo(‘description’) : wp_title(”); ?></title>
I removed ‘|’ and this worked. However is there a way of jsut simply telling it to the have the vertical abr ‘|’ to the right of the title so that it would appear like this:
Aesop Parsley Seed Cleanser | Manscape
| Aesop Parsely Seed Cleanser | ManscapeJuly 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm #81086
As far as I know it should only be using a single | in the title. I’m not sure what is causing it to appear twice on your installation but I’m not able to get the same issue to appear on my test installations of the theme to figure out what is causing the difference.
The code above is telling to display the Blog Name followed by a | then the blog descriptions if its the home page and then the page title otherwise. So your final output with the current theme code really should only be “Aesop Parsley Seed Cleanser | Manscape”.
The topic ‘Unwanted Character Appeared in Title’ is closed to new replies.