March 27, 2014 at 4:06 pm #243859
I would like to upgrade to Events CAlendar PRO. Is this going to work?
E.g I have ‘Upcoming Events’ on the front page at the moment set up in the Template Builder. Is this going to work after the plug-in upgrade?
regards,March 28, 2014 at 4:40 am #244188
Yes, Incarnation is fully compatible with Events Calendar PRO.
JosueMarch 28, 2014 at 1:18 pm #244326
I installed Event Calendar PRO (3.5) but it asks me to update Events Calendar.
This one however is not visible under plugins as it is integrated with the Incarnation theme.
1. Please advise how can I update Events Calendar (that is integrated with Incarnation theme) to the latest version?
2. Also my website is on WP3.8. Is this upgrade going to work?
3. Is it enough to replace (FTP) the following folder with the latest version of the plugin:
regards,March 30, 2014 at 7:04 am #244948
1. Please take a look:
2. No, Incarnation is not compatible with WP 3.8 yet.
JosueMarch 30, 2014 at 12:04 pm #245068
1. I installed both the events calendar 3.5 and the events calendar pro 3.5 without any problem. \
I did not have to delete anything as described in the post #112069.
However the calendar page (/event) does not want to display properly. It showing the loading animation.
I run Word Press 3.8
2. Aside from the events calendar issues. I had no compatibility issues between Incarnation and WP 3.8.
Please advise what I can do to make The Events Calendar PRO work?
kind regards,March 30, 2014 at 1:09 pm #245095
The last time Kriesi responded on the issue it was that the plugin alone would still work but the theme integration would no longer work. So the countdown timer, template elements etc would be buggy at best. This was after the major overhaul of the plugin at version 3.0 since it changed so much from 2.0 when the theme was written. (the functions are just no longer possible with 3.0).
So the setup of the plugin would be exactly the same as described here like any other theme: http://tri.be/support/documentation/events-calendar-pro-new-user-primer/
March 30, 2014 at 5:20 pm #245158
- This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Devin.
Yes that seems to be exactly the case. The plugin works but the events page (template) in incarnation seems to be buggy.
1. Would you know how to disable the incarnation styling/template/integration of the plugin?
I would like to disable the integrated plugin altogether and install my own events calendar and events calendar pro plug-ins and then style them myself. In other words how to make the Incarnation forget about wp-content/themes/incarnation/config-events-calendar?
2. Which .php files and which lines need to be modified?
3. Alternatively how to direct wp-content/themes/incarnation/config-events-calendar/config.php to look in my plugin?
4. Finally do you know when Kriesi is going to update Incarnation to WP 3.8 and Event calendar 3.5?
regards,April 1, 2014 at 9:53 pm #246261
I believe that is what Peter posted instruction for here: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/upgrade-to-events-calendar-pro/#post-112069
Kriesi will not be updating the theme to work with the 3.0 version of the plugin as the hooks and functionality are no longer possible. The standalone now has the same depth of templating built in so that it will work without any theme specific styling at this point.April 1, 2014 at 10:17 pm #246278
The post #112069 is not relevant here because I can install both The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO as standalone plugins without any problems and without modifying the code. I can see both plugins in the WP admin and I can modify settings.
The problem is however in the front end that the grid view of the calendar (www.mywebsite.com/events) is then messed up or rather not showing (the list view is ok). I believe this is because the styling, etc. is done by the Events Calendar plugin that is integrated with Incarnation. That’s why I started to think of disconnecting the integrated plugin altogether. Deleting
require_once( 'the-events-calendar/the-events-calendar.php' );
is not changing anything here.
Would you be able to help with that?
kind regards,April 3, 2014 at 8:27 am #246917
No, it’s probably because the styling changed with Events Calendar 3 and Kriesi must first add some custom css code to the Incarnation theme to style the calendar properly. If you delete this line from the functions.php file:
require_once( 'the-events-calendar/the-events-calendar.php' );
the theme won’t load any event calendar code and it also won’t load the wp-content/themes/incarnation/config-events-calendar/event-mod.css file which contains the custom event calendar styling code.
PeterApril 3, 2014 at 2:57 pm #247058
Thanks a lot for your time with this one.
1. When I delete this line (require_once( ‘the-events-calendar/the-events-calendar.php’ );) then the ../events page is corrupted.
Is there anything I can do to make it work?
2. Is Kriesi going to add some custom css code to the Incarnation theme to style the calendar properly? When?
3. Would installing The Events Calendar 2.9 and THe Events Calendar PRO 2.9 help?
PeterApril 5, 2014 at 8:17 am #247728
1) I didn’t look into the Events Calendar 3.x code yet. I know the Calendar works with Enfold but Incarnation requires some special code. Tbh I don’t know what needs to be done to use 3.x with Incarnation.
2) Yes, afaik he plans to add support for Event Calendar 3.x but we have no ETA yet because the Enfold theme development has the highest priority at the moment.
3) The last version which works with the theme is 2.0.11. You can download it here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/
PeterApril 5, 2014 at 11:02 am #247769
Many thanks Dude,
I will test 2.0.11.
Calendar feature and how beautifully it is integrated with the theme is the integral part and the selling point of Incarnation. Please update to 3.5 as soon as possible.
Many thanks,April 5, 2014 at 12:19 pm #247773
Just to confirm for your information in case you have more issues like mine:
I run Incarnation theme, WP 3.8 and installed Events Calendar 2.0.11 and Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11 and everything works fine.
Cannot wait for the upgrade of Incarnation to work with Events Calendar 3.5 though.
all the best and thanks for your help on this one
The topic ‘upgrade to Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.