If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
February 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm #9375
My site http://www.competetowin.co.uk has a number of problems that my limited html and web build experience has not been able to resolve. Can you help? These problems are:
1.In the menu, there are four pages that are attached to the parent ‘Sevices’. I then have 6 other pages that are attached to the parent ‘Business Planning’ which is one of the four pages attached to the ‘Services’ parent. When on the Services page, all ten pages appear to be part of ‘Services’ menu rather than six as a sub menu of one of the four.
2. When scrolling the mouse over the ‘Services’ menu, the four branches show. However, when scrolling down in Services to the ‘Business Planning’, another menu with 6 items appears to the right (as it should). However, the first half of this second menu is concealed by the ‘Services’ menu. Please note the length of items in the ‘Case Studies’ menu i.e. reducing the width of the menu is an option only if this can be modified for each menu item individually.,
3. On the ‘Business Plan Structure’ page (the third branch off ‘Business Planning’), point 10 ‘Exit’ displays as point 0.
4. On the ‘Strategic Planning’ pge (first brance of ‘Services’) how do I reduce the white space between ”Nevertheless, however brilliantly conceived, a strategic plan’s ability to succeed hinges critically on the capabilities of the business to execute.’ and the footnote ‘
1Political, Economic, Social and Technological and 2Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats’
Thank you.February 20, 2012 at 8:54 pm #64546
I’ll just go down your list :)
1) You can modify the way 2nd level items are marked up by modifying
#subnav ul li a
within the style.css. A margin-left: 5px attribute should give the effect of a child menu without having to worry about the length of some of your page names.
2) Change the “left” attribute on
#top #nav li ul ul
to 230px instead of 170px in the main style.css. This will move the sub menus over a lot more so since so many of your page titles are so long.
3) I think this is related to IE not rendering margin:0px properties correctly of ordered lists. Try adding
to .entry ol
4) I don’t see the #footnote div on my stylesheet for the theme so I am guessing this was added in by you or someone else. I’ve re-adjusted my fixes above to just the style names instead of line numbers since this would change where everything is located. You can modify this by adjust the margin top or padding top.February 25, 2012 at 5:56 pm #64547
Thank you so much for your prompt response. It has worked. However, i still have one other problem which I would be grateful if you could help me with.
Click on Services, and take a look at the vertical menu down on the left side of the page. You’ll notice there are 13 items listed. There should only be four. Hover over Services and you’ll see how the menu system should work. For example when I navigate to ‘Business Planning’, there should be six items appearing in the left hand side menu whereas for ‘Marketing Strategy’ there should be only two items appearing on the lefthand side menu.
Once again many thanks for your help.
The topic ‘Various Problems’ is closed to new replies.