Here's what I do when transferring a website to a new domain.
On the old domain:
1) Go to Tools > Export. Select "All content" then click the "Download Export File" button.
2) Using a FTP program of your choice, download all the theme files in /wp-content/themes/coalition/ to your computer.
3) Again using FTP, upload the theme files from #2 to /wp-content/themes/coalition/
4) Be sure to install any plugins that are/were activated on your old domain
5) Go to Appearance > Themes and activate Coalition
6) Go to Tools > Import and select "WordPress" from the list. At this point, you may be asked to install the "importer" plugin - do ao then activate it when asked. Once that's done, upload the file you saved from #1 above then click the Upload file and import.
If you receive a message saying everything was already imported I would go through Pages, Posts, Portfolio, Media, etc and delete all old content (making sure click the "Empty Trash" button on Pages and Posts then try #6 again.
If you still have problems, check your settings under Coalition > Theme Options.
Hope this helps!