Tagged: CONTACT FORM
April 2, 2012 at 8:51 pm #10234
I am trying to transfer domain to my website to another domain. seems like is there anything i am missing here??
Old upload here: http://tinyurl.com/7dzzbsb
New Website i want it on here: http://tinyurl.com/czrkemn
(When i upload wp-content folder into here it shows up as default theme. Like I never worked on it.
Please help me with it. I think should be normal question for you. But I have no idea why its doing this.
(I am using WebsitePanel hosting)
ThanksApril 2, 2012 at 10:06 pm #67343
Just tried Export/Import tool in WordPress… When i do import it says you already have everything imported.April 3, 2012 at 4:37 am #67344
Here’s what I do when transferring a website to a new domain.
On the old domain:
1) Go to Tools > Export. Select “All content” then click the “Download Export File” button.
2) Using a FTP program of your choice, download all the theme files in /wp-content/themes/coalition/ to your computer.
3) Again using FTP, upload the theme files from #2 to /wp-content/themes/coalition/
4) Be sure to install any plugins that are/were activated on your old domain
5) Go to Appearance > Themes and activate Coalition
6) Go to Tools > Import and select “WordPress” from the list. At this point, you may be asked to install the “importer” plugin – do ao then activate it when asked. Once that’s done, upload the file you saved from #1 above then click the Upload file and import.
If you receive a message saying everything was already imported I would go through Pages, Posts, Portfolio, Media, etc and delete all old content (making sure click the “Empty Trash” button on Pages and Posts then try #6 again.
If you still have problems, check your settings under Coalition > Theme Options.
Hope this helps!
MyaApril 6, 2012 at 6:35 am #67345
Thank you Mya for your help. This did helped a Lot.. :-)
One problem I am having right now is Contact from at the bottom stopped showing up.
Here is my contact-form.php: http://pastebin.com/Qn7jvwY2
Is there something that I am missing. Any clue on this?
Thanks!April 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm #67346
I have just tried
copy – paste whole includes folder (wp-content/themes/coalition/includes) thinking that way may be contact form will re-appear. But nop.
Waiting to hear from you …April 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm #67347
GOT IT !
for member with same issue.
go to > Coalition > Theme Opt. > Contact & Social Stuff > Select Contact Form PageApril 9, 2012 at 7:16 am #67348
The topic ‘Website Transfer to domain’ is closed to new replies.