If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
July 19, 2012 at 3:05 am #14509
I have created a blog using Choices and the WPML plugin. Everything works fine so far and I am happy how easy this is. Now I came across one issue though:
I set up three Contact-Pages for the different languages, one in English, one in German and the third in Chinese. For all three contact pages I have created a widget area in which I would like to place two maps to the companies offices in Munich and Beijing, using the widget Map Widget.
Although the widget areas are clearly separate (Widget Area of the German “Kontakt”-Page gets only shown in the German view of the Admin Area, English only in English View, etc.), every time I change text elements (e.g. Map header, Office hours, etc.) they are updated in all language versions.
Is there a workaround for this?
A second problem arises when adding a second map into a single widget area. One of them just remains blank.July 19, 2012 at 4:41 am #83735
I had a similar issue and wrote to WPML. I was advised to get the plug in “widget logic”.
It took me a while to figure out how to use.
It solved my issue. Obviously I am not sure if it will yours.
PaulJuly 19, 2012 at 5:42 am #83736
Awesome! For my first issue that worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for that!
Still I have the second issue. I would like to have two Google-Maps in one sidebar. One of them remains blank always. Did anybody have a similar issue?July 19, 2012 at 7:36 am #83737
Perhaps this is for the support team as I am new to this. BUT just maybe you might try creating an extra sidebar from the theme options. But I don’t know if that will help. anyway best for one of the support staff to help you cause I could not even install a theme until last week.July 20, 2012 at 10:44 am #83738
OK, after the googling, I found the reason. If there are two maps using same variable names, it produces some conflict. Suppose that is the case when i embed two maps with the same plugin. Found a work-around by just using the iFrames offered from Google directly in a Text-Widgets. Thanks to Cpwilson2 for the support with the first issue.July 20, 2012 at 10:48 am #83739July 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm #83740
The topic ‘Widgets on a multi-language site’ is closed to new replies.