February 20, 2014 at 1:08 am #226510
I’d like to add a Product Grid to my pages, which displays all images with a specific “tag-name” instead of a “category” taxonomy. Is this possible?
If Enfold doesn’t do this “out of the box”, I know this probably means editing a few php files. And I don’t mind looking into this, using the WooCommerce codex. But could someone please point me int the right direction, i.e. tell me which of the theme files to watch out for?
Thanks a lot!February 20, 2014 at 5:43 am #226597
This one have the Class that creates the HTML for both product slider and product grid:
/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/productslider.php (line 167).
You may also want to take a look at this, although this only handles the shortcode options you see in ALB:
JosueFebruary 21, 2014 at 6:03 pm #227585
Thanks very much for pointing me into the right direction! Before you read the rest of my reply, I’d like to say that
1) I am not a programmer
2) I have _A LOT_ of respect for programmers, and I know that good programming takes a lot of skills!
3) in the past I’ve sometimes (not always) managed to find ways of doing things by a little “trial and error” programming. That’s why I thought I would give it a try to modify some of the php files, although I really don’t have much of a clue ;)
My modifications didn’t work, but I think I _nearly_ got there… Maybe someone from the Kriesi team can help out? I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who has a need for a product slider (and product grid) which displays tags instead of categories…
Anyway. Here’s what I have done
1) I’ve duplicated productslider.php and named it productslider_tags.php
2) in productslider_tags.php, I’ve searched & replaced all instances of “av_productslider” and renamed it to “av_productslider_tags” (Code lines 10, 15, 17, 25, 30)
3) replaced all instances of “product_cat” with “product_tag” (which according to WooCommerce Codex is for the “tags” taxonomy)
There is now a “Productslider Tags” shortcut in the Avia Visual Editor, and when I drag it into my layout, I can choose a tag instead of a category from the list. Great!
But on the front end, it says “No products found which match your selection.”
It’d be great if you could help with this – or maybe even better: add it to a future update :)
Thanks a lot for your support!February 24, 2014 at 7:11 pm #228619
I’ll add it into the feature request topic but we are unfortunately getting far too many support/customization requests to dig into custom additions right now.
If its a must-have I would suggest somewhere like Microlancer or Codeable to hire a freelance developer who can look through and find a fix. I really can’t say for sure if tags can get sorted in the same query off hand but it should be doable.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.