If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
March 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm #21380
So I’ve successfully added the WPML functionality to the Choices theme but am having difficulty with the language switcher.
It seems like, by default, Choices uses Flags above the search menu and social icons (top right).
Where would I paste the <?php do_action(‘icl_language_selector’); ?> code that WPML says I need to for the drop-down language selector instead? I looked in the Header.php code and theres a “hook” for WPML language selector, but its in the wrong place (drop down appears next to the Main Navigation)
Thanks in advance,
StefanMarch 18, 2013 at 9:29 pm #111628
Same topic… Also actually having trouble editing theme options for each language.. Seems like the multi-lingual theme goes back to the defaultsMarch 19, 2013 at 8:18 am #111629
1) You can add the code to header.php – i.e. insert the do_action(‘icl_language_selector’); after following code:
echo "<div class='main_menu' data-selectname='".__('Select a page','avia_framework')."'>";
$args = array('theme_location'=>'avia', 'fallback_cb' => 'avia_fallback_menu');
2) The theme creates a new option set for each language. Select a language from the drop-down (located at the top of the admin page) and configure all settings for this language. Then save the settings and change the language by using the language selector drop down again. Now configure the settings for the second language and so on…March 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm #111630
1) As I mentioned before, when I add the drop-down where you suggested, it adds it next to the last menu item in the main navigation
(ie. Home | Page | Page | Language Drop down and the flags still remain in the top right (above the search bar and social icons))
2) I don’t see anything regarding the admin drop-down for languages. If its the “show content in:” option, it doesn’t let me change it at all. (Right now, its UK english)March 20, 2013 at 11:42 am #111632
2) Glad that you solved it.
1) If you want to replace the default language flag links with a drop-down replace following code in header.php
do_action('icl_language_selector');March 20, 2013 at 3:28 pm #111633
The topic ‘WPML Langauge Select – Flags vs. Dropdown in Choices theme’ is closed to new replies.